Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Here’s our lipsynching video to ‘If You wanna be my lover’. I found that this task was both extremely enjoyable as well as useful as it helped us recognize what singers or we as actors/directors must do in order to create an effective music video.

What I learnt from this task was that you must:

- Shoot the whole thing through filming each singer or/and both singers separately
- Shoot from a range of angles and sides
- Include many CUs and ECUs of the singers
- Know the lyrics really well
- Really sing the song rather than mouthing it so that it looks real
- Be choppy with the editing cutting shots before a line finishes and cutting to the beat of the music

Overall this task has brought to my attention many factors that help make a successful music video. It has also given us all a chance to experiment with lypsynching and editing music videos before approaching our actual coursework making me much more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment